Installing BrightSlide for Mac (beta)
Our BrightSlide add-in for Windows has a one-click installer application but things on a Mac are a little more challenging due to policies of Apple and Microsoft. For now, the installation of the add-in is a semi-manual process. It’s not difficult and just requires the download of our installer script file and the installation of two fonts.
Download Installer Script
version 126.96.36.199 build 10NOV2020 15:38
- Download the Installer Script above
- Open the Installer Script in the Script Editor and click the play button or press cmd+r to run it
- If PowerPoint is not running, it will start.
- After clicking Yes in the window below, there will be a short delay while BrightSlide is downloaded and installed (be patient as there’s no feedback at this stage)
Having trouble installing? We have a simple alternative manual process coming…
- In PowerPoint, click Tools / PowerPoint Add-Ins…
- Select the BrightSlide add-in and click the [-] button followed by the OK button
- Open Finder and click Go while holding the option key to access the user library
- Navigate to and delete this folder and it’s contents: (click Go while holding the option key to access the user library)
Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content/Add-Ins/BrightCarbon/BrightSlide
- Navigate to and delete this font file:
- Navigate to and delete this script file: