Here you can find all the info on our updates to BrightSlide for PowerPoint.
220.127.116.11 22NOV2021 08:10
- You can now choose whether to use the first or last selected object as the reference for these features: Align To, Match Size, Add To Group, Animate To. Set it in the new Settings / Set Reference Shape UI.
- Fixed a bug with add to group that meant the last selected was always top of the group.
- Fixed a bug with animate to first being indexed too low.
- Added support for users reinstalling Windows in the registration workflow.
- Added support for MSI installer.
18.104.22.168 27OCT2021 16:30
- New Feature: Animate to Last. Select two or more shapes and automatically add animations that match the position, scale, rotation, fill color, outline color, and text color of the last selected shape.
- Split Text improvements:
- Now splits vertically.
- Splitting a textbox into paragraphs now allows for bullet points.
- Splitting a textbox now keeps the correct bullet point style.
- Splitting a textbox with multiple columns now makes it into 1 column first.
- Splitting now allows for multiple styles to be kept. (bullet, font etc.)
- Bug Fix: Hyperlink comments now support the new Modern Comments in PowerPoint.
- Lock/Unlock improvements:
- Fixed a bug that unlocked all locked shapes across all slides.
- Unlocking the shapes now selects all shapes, that were locked, on the currently viewed slide.
- Unlocking now works in outline view.
- Lock and Hide now work when selecting text inside a textbox.
- The user can no longer select a locked shape by selecting the text inside it.
22.214.171.124 02SEP2021 13:20
- New feature: Split & Align takes one selected object and creates duplicated of it, arranging them in the boundary of the selected object. Find out more here: brightcarbon.com/brightslide/help
- Fixed a bug when using Match Shape to slide with a GIF that can’t be cropped.
- Various bug fixes for spin value controls and new support for keyboard up/down keys.
126.96.36.199 internal evaluation
- Fixed a bug preventing registration on macOS for non-ethernet hardware port MAC addresses.
- Tweaks to About window to support new extended registration account ID.
- Fixed a bug that caused an unhandled error when copying custom colour XML in slide master view.
- Replaced the MAC address in the registration window title bar for the new extended ID in at the bottom of the same window.
188.8.131.52 21MAY2021 11:08 (limited release)
- Extended registration account ID to prevent duplicate collisions and support multiple accounts/operating systems on the same computer.
- Fixed a bug with Add To Group when working on non-English locales.
- Added software update support for macOS on M1 silicon.
184.108.40.206 04MAY2021 11:50
- Extended macOS support for different types of Ethernet adaptors when generating a machine-specific MAC address for registration and applied the configurable “Ignore MAC OUI” feature from Windows.
- Bug fix to remove unhandled error when cancelling the operation to ungroup an SVG object.
220.127.116.11 15MAR2021 09:00 (Windows only)
- Added registration logging to help assist users facing registration failures.
- Activated the notification of add-in user interface errors (PowerPoint / File / Options / Advanced / General) in order for users to get a notification if their organisation’s IT admin has set the Group Policy to disable ribbon extensions.
18.104.22.168 01MAR2021 11:00
- Added “BrightSlide” to caption for Software Updates window.
- Added full screen check and feedback for My Animations feature on macOS.
22.214.171.124 04FEB2021 07:57
- Added MAC OUI exception for Fortinet to registration module.
- Bug fix in Distribute to Grid that caused an error when switching system decimal separator.
126.96.36.199 22DEC2020 09:27 (Mac update only)
- Support for macOS Big Sur.
188.8.131.52 21DEC2020 15:39
- Bug Fix: corrected an issue whereby the guides feature could delete guides from multi-master files.
184.108.40.206 16DEC2020 08:26
- New Feature (Windows only): Paste Shape as Motion Path (in Animation / Utilities / Motion Paths.
- New Feature (Windows only): Delete Recent Colors (in File & Master / Theme Colors).
- Improved: Swap Objects now swap the ZOrder too (Ctrl+click to override ZOrder swap).
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue that caused motion path tools to fail on locales using comma as the decimal separator.
220.127.116.11 23NOV2020 11:06
- New Feature: Hide/Delete animations.
- Bug fix: style and layout changes in the Color Contrast Report feature.
- Bug fix: ribbon refreshed after opening/saving an attachment in Outlook.
- Tweak: added OUI for Paloalto GlobalConnect/GlobalProtect Virtual Ethernet Adapter (fixed MAC = 02:50:41:00:00:01).
- Tweak: Change UI font for Mac from Segoe MDL2 Assets to updated BrightSlide Assets font.
- Tweak: Default setting changed for Waterfall Delay / Exclude first…
- Tweak: Edit Theme Colors locks preview window when being dragged by macOS title bar.
- Tweak: Fixed column header sort icon sizes in Assign Layouts window.
- Tweak: Change chevron glyphs for Slide Navigation window.
- Tweak: Added error handling to [prototype] theme fonts window.
- Tweak: Mac detection of OSX version for dependency checking of libc and updated API declarations to use libc++.dylib
- Tweak: added Big Sur detection in registration module.
18.104.22.168 10NOV2020 09:43
- New: added new colour contrast features to four PowerPoint contextual menus (single/multiple objects, freeform, text) and the BrightSlide Theme Colors menu.
- Bug Fix: corrected Windows Timer API declarations which could cause an “Unexpected error 35010” on 64-bit PowerPoint in some cases.
- Bug Fix: corrected an issue which stopped the alignment tools from working as expected after grouping objects when Align to First Selected mode was active.
- Improved design style used for the Word document produced when exporting slide notes to make the document navigable by the Heading 1 style.
22.214.171.124 29OCT2020 11:15
- Fixed a bug whereby alignment tools did not work as expected when in Notes Master, Notes Page and Handout Master views.
126.96.36.199 28OCT2020 15:05
- New: major update to provide the first beta release for Mac users.
- New: added new animations to the My Animations library (if you’re upgrading, your MyAnimations.pptx file won’t be overwritten).
- New: support added for the notes pane when using Review / Presentation Language.
- New: Reset button in About form to allow users to correct typos in a registration email address.
- Improved management and configuration of unknown VPN MAC addresses in registration workflow.
- Added check to see if presentation is saved to five Export features.
- Improved custom message box to handle text overflow.
- Fixed an issue with Export Slides as Images and also reports that https paths are not supported.
188.8.131.52 Internal Test Version
184.108.40.206 09JUN2020 12:00
- Improved handling of bullet format painting in Table and Cell format painters.
- Improved handling of RGB/Theme colour in Table and Cell format painters.
- Fixed an issue with Match Size that caused single pictures to be wrongly cropped when the aspect ratio of the original picture is wider than the slide.
- Match size now always stores/sets/resets aspect ratio lock to maintain aspect ratio when one picture is selected.
- Improvements to registration process to deal with incomplete registrations.
220.127.116.11 13MAY2020 19:25
- Fixed an issue that caused an error to be displayed when clicking the playback tab for linked audio/video files when the linked file couldn’t be found.
- Fixed an issue that caused a compiler error in the check updates dialog on Korean PCs.
18.104.22.168 23APR2020 09:36
- Bug Fix: support for converting tables to text when double-byte fonts used on some PCs.
- Bug Fix: support added for custom motion paths when using Duplicate at End Point.
22.214.171.124 09MAR2020 08:03
- New Feature – Navigate all Presentations. Find it in the File & Master group in the Review menu.
- New Feature – Precise volume control added to the video Playback tab. This complements the same feature for audio files so you can better balance the levels of various media objects.
- Fixed an error message in Assign Layouts if Assign was clicked without selecting the layout.
- Fixed a bug with the copy tints & shades to custom colours feature that prevented the XML from being generated.
- Fixed several bugs preventing compatibility with PowerPoint 2013.
126.96.36.199 19FEB2019 12:23
- New deregister capability added to the licence registration workflow.
188.8.131.52 11FEB2020 07:37
- Fixed 64 bit compiler error with new licence registration UTF-8 WinAPI.
184.108.40.206 10FEB2020 09:15
- Added support for accented characters in user names in the licence registration workflow.
220.127.116.11 05FEB2020 12:00
- Fixed an issue that caused the My Animations feature to stop working after Office Insiders update PowerPoint to version 2002 build 12527.20040
18.104.22.168 29JAN2020 10:57
- Changes to Batch features:
- Moved Assign Layouts to Batch menu
- Moved Insert Layouts to Batch menu (from Legacy menu)
- Copy Objects to Paste Clipboard to Selected Slides and updated state machine and resulting functionality.
- Delete matching objects changed to match two of either Name, Size or Position and support added for Slide Master view.
- Added support for selections within groups to Delete Matching Objects from all Slides.
- UI text updates.
- Added confirmation dialog to Theme Palette Editor OK button when custom colours have been loaded.
- Added Shift key support for Match Height and Match Width for single pictures.
- Fixed a bug with Batch Delete and added UI feedback for Copy/Paste to multiple slides and Delete Duplicates.
- Changed Review Language so that it resets any shapes without text that get resized by PowerPoint as a result of being set to resize shape to fit text.
- Added ability to save theme colours as XML file in user profile (save to slide master theme to TBD).
- Fixed a bug that cased an Overflow error when exporting slides to pictures at a scale of 0.5 or less
- Added the ability to select the output folder when Exporting Slide to Pictures.
22.214.171.124 31DEC2019 11:33
- Added a new Batch Processing menu in the File & Master group which contains the first three batch features to resize, copy and delete objects across all of the slides in a presentation.
126.96.36.199 05DEC2019 18:30
- Typo corrected in Select by Property supertip.
- Custom message dialog changed to support multiple monitor DPI settings.
- New registration messages added for record_not_found and computer_already_registered.
- MAC address changes to add Cisco VPN as an exception and a new manual registry over-ride.
- Installer changed to explicitly prevent the unintaller from removing the MyAnimations file.
188.8.131.52 29NOV2019 15:38
- Added support for users running BrightSlide on a VMware Workstation.
184.108.40.206 26NOV2019 09:37
- Changed Expand/Collapse groups toggle button to a drop down menu called “Selection Pane” with two separate buttons.
- Changed Match Size to resize and crop a single selected picture to fill the slide (Shift key no longer required).
220.127.116.11 25NOV2019 09:03
- Added a new feature to collapse/expand groups in the Selection Pane.
- Corrected the tab order for the colour picker and theme colours editor.
18.104.22.168 20NOV2019 15:35
- Changed the installer to prevent the MyAnimations file from being overwritten when updating to a new version.
22.214.171.124 19NOV2019 12:15
- Changed the colour picker / theme editor to rename the tooltips for the first four colors and added two vertical separators between those, accent and hyperlink colors.
- Added support to Match Size to Slide for pictures rotated by 90/270 degrees.
126.96.36.199 19NOV2019 08:51
- Added licence server support for Windows 7. Note that BrightSlide uses a special Segoe font that ships from Windows 10 onwards so you will not see the UI as intended unless your source this font. Refer to this FAQ item for more details.
- Changes to date-based features e.g. Auto Software Update and licence check in.
- Prototype changes to Match Size for picture selections.
188.8.131.52 12NOV2019 12:43
- Changes to support different localisations of date formats for licence registration.
184.108.40.206 12NOV2019 07:09
- Changes to the About window to prevent users from being able to deregister their licence locally.
- Copy/Paste object(s) to multiple slides:
- Active only in normal view.
- Paste is active only for multiple slide selection (default PowerPoint paste behaviour used for single slide selections).
220.127.116.11 04NOV2019 16:49
- Bug Fix : grouped objects could not be locked.
18.104.22.168 04NOV2019 13:23
- Added new feature to copy/paste selected object(s) to selected slide(s).
- Changed Match Size button to a split button (can now add to QAT) with the top half set to Match Size with a single click and the bottom half offering the same menu options as previously.
22.214.171.124 29OCT2019 13:50
- Changed the Online Help URL to point to the Help page instead of the FAQ page.
- Clarified the message displayed when new slide masters are created by PowerPoint when applying a theme to multi-master file.
- Added error handling when applying custom colours and PowerPoint fails to apply the theme.
126.96.36.199 28OCT2019 17:16
- Added support for tables to the Presentation Language feature and open Spelling task pane after changing.
188.8.131.52 24OCT2019 15:05
- Improvement: Clicking the shape fill and shape outline colour buttons while the Shift key is pressed toggles the fill/outline.
- Added a check whenever a button is pressed to see if YOUtools is running and warn the user if so.
- Forced the PowerPoint built-in Format Painter to show its label in the BrightSlide tab following a Microsoft update.
- Bug Fix : an error was sometimes displayed when sorting a table.
- Bug Fix : typing in the Notes Pane was very slow.
- Bug Fix : the Animations group couldn’t be moved between the BrightSlide and Animations tabs.
- Bug Fix : when moving sections before/after others, they were sometimes not moved to the expected position.
- Bug Fix : when entering certain values in the colour picker hex field, space characters appeared in the value e.g. FFF000 -> FFF0 0
184.108.40.206 22OCT2019 09:11
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong version to be reported in the About Window
220.127.116.11 18OCT2019 15:06
- Fixed a bug that caused an unhandled error to occur when the Theme Colors button was pressed on certain machines.
18.104.22.168 18OCT2019 10:07
- Added support to the registration API for multiple/different computer registrations under the same email address (live on server from 21OCT2019).
22.214.171.124 17OCT2019 15:52
- Added a confirmation message box to the registration form cancellation button.
- Added MSI installer (available on request) with support for non-admin users in a corporate IT domain.
- Support added for Theme Colors in Slide Master view (was previously causing an unhandled error).
- Export / Save Selected Slides as New File has been rewritten to maintain the full functionality of the source file by deleting unselected slides from a copy of the presentation instead of copy/pasting slides to a new blank presentation.
- Review / Presentation Language now supports Slide Masters and Layouts.
126.96.36.199 14OCT2019 12:59
- Fixed a bug that caused an unhandled error message to be displayed if the distribute vertically or horizontally buttons in the BrightSlide tab were clicked when less than three objects were selected (and these buttons are no longer active unless three or more objects are selected!).
- Improvements to the registration process to explain why we ask you to register and what to do if your don’t receive the email.
- Fixed an issue that left incomplete registrations in an invalid state.
188.8.131.52 11OCT2019 17:38
- Fixed a bug that caused an unhandled error message to be displayed during registration if the server could not be reached.
184.108.40.206 11OCT2019 09:07
- Fixed an issue with the My Animations button that caused the ribbon to quiver with excitement!
220.127.116.11 30SEP2019 12:40
- First public release